Thursday, March 12, 2009

Everything irie

Scott here... just a brief note on our status (Becky can fill in details later): the previous posts hinted at the stress and worry we went through last week. It was frightening to say the least. Everyday that passes makes it easier to sleep (I know, don't get used to that... I've heard).

I want to let you guys know the twins didn't lose any sleep over our stress. As a matter of fact, they seem to be enjoying themselves quite a bit. We got to see little 'Baby A' do what we could only describe as dancing until he/she passed out. The picture below is a perfect example of how chill they were.  

















Have I already become the expectant parent I used to hate; Editing ultrasound pictures in Microsoft Paint...oh well, I've earned the right to be "that guy."  
You have to admit those legs look crossed, and the hands actually look like they were behind the head.  You'd think the parents of this little baby hadn't a care in the world.  The truth was quite the opposite.  

Things are great today, Becky brought home a stethoscope so I could search for heartbeats.  Let's talk logistics for a second.  Today, the twins are about as big as your thumbs (about 2.5 inches long).  The heart of most humans is about as big as their fist.  So, needless to say, their hearts are tiny.  Hearing these heartbeats now would be like spotting the American Flag on the Moon with binoculars.  Oh well, a father can dream, can't he?   I had to have some success with the stethoscope, I only bugged her for a week to bring it home.  I can tell you that both Tyson and Rupert have clear breathing sounds an strong heartbeats.  The boys never disappoint. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice art work! I've also heard that the baby heartbeat monitors they sell at Babies R Us don't work until you are much further along....like 6 or 7 months...so save your money on that one :)

    ReplyDelete