Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dr. Betheesda Centear

I'm on vacation this week and am trying to entertain myself and avoid the work I need to do, hence 2 blog posts in one day.  But, I thought of a funny story that I want to write down so I don't forget.  
In the past 2 1/2 years, I became a regular at our doctor's office and at Lab Corp (where they take your blood).  We traveled to Cincinnati to the Bethesda Center for Reproductive Health and Fertility and worked with Dr. Glenn Hofmann (http://www.bethesdafertility.com/).  Often, I would go to Lab Corp in Louisville to have blood work done to save a trip to Cincinnati.  On my first visit to Lab Corp, I was greeted by this very friendly lady who asked for my insurance information and my prescription from the doctor.  After several minutes, she said "I can't find your doctor in our system!"  I said "Did you look for Dr. Glen Hofmann?"  She replied "Oh, I was looking for Dr. Betheesda Centear, that's what's on the prescription!"  I responded "Bethesda Center is the name of the facility, but Dr. Hofmann is the doctor."  It was one of those moments where I looked around the room for the hidden cameras or for one of my friends to say "Gotcha!"  But, it was an honest mistake that made me smile the rest of the day. On our next visit to Cincinnati, we had fun relaying the story to Dr. Hofmann and calling him Dr. Betheesda Centear (even if it was when he was out of the room!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment