Friday, June 12, 2009

Marvelous Multiples Class

Last Saturday, we attended an all day multiples class at Suburban Hospital. It was very good and we felt like we learned some new things. One of the guest speakers was a physician who had 2 children and then had twins. She told us some practical strategies about raising twins and showed us how to pick up 2 babies at one time, which will be useful. Surprisingly, this class eased my mind a little. It really made me excited about these little ones. Scott and I can't wait to see them and hold them.

We are now 25 weeks pregnant, and each day is flying by! The babies are on the move. Most of the time, it feels like bubbles popping, but sometimes it feels like a "flick" from the inside. The only problem is they become very still every time I talk to touch my belly which still makes it hard for Scott to catch them on the move.

We're going back to the doctor next Friday and I'm anxious to see how much they've grown. So far, things are going very well. I passed my gestational diabetes test which was a tremendous relief! The only "symptoms" I am dealing with are biscuit feet (my feet are swollen and remind me of biscuit dough as it pops out of the can), occasional aches/pains, and carpal tunnel (which greatly impacts my ability to write with a pen. I can still type though!). So, please understand if you receive a typed card from us!

Lately, I've received a lot of comments such as "you're beginning to look pregnant". Well, at 25 weeks pregnant with twins, I hope I look pregnant! I am lucky because I really haven't gained much weight and have really only grown in the belly area. I'm sure in the next 10-15 weeks, my belly will really change...I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment